Saturday 1 February 2014

Blogging from A to Z April 2014

Last year I took part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge.  I found it really challenging but also really interesting.  I discovered a whole world of blogging that I didn't know existed.  Hundreds of people from all over the world were posting blogs dedicated to their interests, hobbies, jobs, lifestyle, and so much more.  I chose to write about something that I really enjoy, and that was Oulipo.

My posts on the topic can be found here.

Last year I was unemployed, so I could spend a lot of time focussing on my writing and getting my blog posts sorted.  However, this year I am working so I doubt I will have time to be so in depth with my blog posts.  This won't stop me taking part though.  I've already decided on my theme, but I won't disclose that yet.  

So basically, the challenge is to blog every day throughout April, with Sundays off for good behaviour.  All rules and regulations can be found on their website.  You have to sign up to a little linky list (you'll find me at position 466), and this is where you can find everyone else who is taking part.  

A lot of people choose a theme to write about over the month, but that's not compulsory.  All you have to do is ensure that you post every day and that each post is about something that begins with a different letter of the alphabet.

I guess I could start putting my posts together now, considering that I have a couple of months to think about it.

Will you be joining in?

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my still debating this. Had such a great theme last year that worked so well. Not sure if I can beat it, but already feeling the challenge. Maybe I will....maybe I will....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same. I was really pleased with my theme last year. This year I know it won't be as good, but I still want to join in!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rebecca, yes, I'll be joining in! I too did it last year. This year I'm 550 .. is this what is meant by the linky list? I guess so? I've started drafting my posts ...
    Your web page is so well set out -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I need to sort out my posts. Some of them have been drafted, but I need to finish them off. April is just around the corner!

      Delete
  3. Hello Rebecca! I did the A-to-Z Challenge last year and will be participating this year, as well as joining co-Host DamyantiG's team. We're handling the theme reveal part of the challenge, if you're stuck for thematic ideas, although you seem to have a good handle on that! I love the look of your blog and how it's laid out and I must say, I am so glad that you are coming along for the ride! Congratulations on your job, and short, punchy posts for A-to-Z will be great! If possible, please join us on Twitter this coming Thursday, March 13 at 8 pm EDT, #AZChat for a one-hour chin-and-grin with #teamDamyanti and other A-to-Z Challengers! I look forward to this coming April! Mary aka Viola Fury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to this year's challenge. I really enjoyed last year. I just need to get my posts planned. I have a theme for this year's one. I just need to get them all organised. Time is zooming away!

      Delete
  4. Hi :) Firstly, I'm impressed by your sweet looking blog. I'm also curious to read more of your writing.

    And I'm so glad you will be participating in the A to Z blogging challenge. This is my first time and I'm looking forward to reading your posts :)

    AR
    http://ruminatingsundayblogger.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rebeccah, great to have you back again on board, and thanks for the shoutout! The challenge boosted my blogs the first time I participated, and I'm sure it will do the same for every new participant. If you have a theme this year, consider joining the A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal. .
    By signing up on this linky, you’ll have like-minded folks visiting your theme on the 21st March and you can do the same for them!

    ReplyDelete