As you all know (I've been banging on about it for the past ages) I'm taking part in the A-Z blogging challenge throughout April. I've been visiting people to say 'hello' and offer support for the upcoming month. While I've been wandering through blog-land, I noticed that a lot of people had been blogging about 'The Liebster Award', and was a teeny bit jealous that no-one had nominated me for the award. You can only participate if someone else nominates you. And guess what?! I've been nominated *yay* by someone I visited for the A-Z challenge, and they visited me back.
The kind person who nominated me is Jak Cryton over at The Cryton Chronicles. Thank you very much, kind sir.
As with all other blog-hops, this is a way of introducing bloggers to other blogs that they may not have seen before.
So, the rules are:
- Post the award to your blog (see above)
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog (see above)
- Post 11 random facts about yourself (see below)
- Answer 11 questions that have been set by the person who nominated you (see below)
- Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to accept this award (see below)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions (see below)
11 Random Facts About Me
- I always wanted to be a ballerina, but that dream was quashed when my toes grew to all odd lengths, rendering it quite dangerous for me to dance in pointe shoes.
- I have recently given up eating bread. It's been quite difficult, because one of my favourite foods is toast, but I'm surviving!
- The one place I want to visit before I die (mainly because it's pretty impossible to visit places after you die!) is Easter Island.
- When I was little, I was scared of balloons. Birthday parties were never as fun as they should have been!
- My hair hasn't been its natural colour in at least 15 years.
- I love watching horror films even though the scare the life out of me. I tend to watch them during the day so that I'm not scared before I go to bed.
- I've never smoked a cigarette and I never plan to.
- I played a Munchkin in my primary school production of The Wizard of Oz. I was the tallest child in the school.
- I don't like eating food that has eyes or bones in it.
- I love rainbows and have arranged my books in spine colour order.
- I have dreadful handwriting.
11 Questions From Jak Cryton
1. What is your favourite colour?
Purple, although red does come a close second.2. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
Invisibility. I'd just like to know what people really thought of me. Maybe it would cure my paranoia, or maybe it would make it worse, but I'd still like to know.3. If you were resurrected as an animal, what would you want to be? Why?
I would love to be a dog in a great family, where I can sleep, eat, play, run around, and not have to worry about a thing!
4. What is the last book you read and/or currently reading?
I'm currently reading The Crimson Rooms by Katharine McMahon for my book group. I've only read about 5 chapters but it's pretty gripping.
5. Who is your favourite author?
6. Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo or the A to Z Challenge before? If so, what were your experiences like?
I did NaNoWriMo for the first time last year. It was something I'd wanted to do for a while but never thought I'd be able to do it. If I'm honest, I didn't enjoy it. I felt like I was under too much pressure and that I'd be a failure if I didn't finish it. I never set myself targets when I write, and I manage to get more words down each day that I did throughout November! This year is my first attempt at the A to Z Challenge, and I'm quite excited about it.
7. What is (or was) your most anticipated movie to be released in 2013?
I'm not really a big film buff. I do like films, but I never know what's coming out until it's already been released. I have no idea what's due for release this year, but I'm sure I'll watch all the 2013 films when they come out on Netflix!
8. Who was your first movie crush?
David Bowie in 'Labyrinth' and Neil Patrick Harris as Doogie Howser M.D.
9. What would your dream job entail?
I would love to be a full time writer, living in a secluded house where I would write uninterrupted. However, there's always a chance that would end up like Misery, so I'd have to make sure that I never have any driving accidents in the snow!
10. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
I would have to say my parents. They've always been supportive of everything I've done, and have helped me out whenever they could.
11. Do you believe in the supernatural? If so, any experiences?
I know that things like ghosts and aliens don't exist, but I still can't bring myself to watch Supernatural Activity or any of the Alien films. And you couldn't pay me enough to get me to watch The X Files!
11 Nominated Bloggers
- Miss Write
- The Beveled Edge
- Haley's Comic
- Wonderful Things
- First Draft Cafe
- Simply Snickers
- Working in Words
- Deena's Days
- Claire's Writing Log
- Sharper Than Any Two-Edged Sword
- Gadget's Joyful Page
11 Questions For The Nominees
- Where in the world are you right now?
- What has been your best gift?
- Can you play a musical instrument?
- If you could time-travel to any period in the past, where would you go?
- What's your favourite dessert?
- Who was your favourite teacher at school?
- Do you have any pets?
- Where did you go on your last holiday/vacation?
- What languages can you speak?
- What's your favourite word?
- If you could exchange lives with anyone, who would you choose?
If I've nominated you, please spread the love and share this award. If I've not nominated you, hold on in there; you'll be able to participate in this in no time.