Saturday 25 August 2012

Paint paint paint paint painting

Anyone who knows me, knows that I procrastinate.  I'm good at a few things, but I am amazing at procrastinating.  This means that I have ideas, start projects, procrastinate, and well, the ideas and the projects fall by the wayside.  Most of the time I don't even bother to go back and finish them at a later date, but recently I have changed my outlook.  I had some ideas, started some projects, and finished them!  I even finished some that I started years ago.

Apart from writing, I like to paint.  I'm not going to pretend that I'm a master and that I create pieces worthy to hold the door open for Tracey Emin!  But I enjoy what I paint and the pictures turn out reasonably well, so that's a bonus.

This is the first collection that I've ever finished within a couple of days of starting.  It is entitled Shatter.


The second collection took a little longer for me to finish.  I started off with bucket loads of enthusiasm but that waned.  I did, however, get them finished within about a week and a half.  It is entitled Lava.


And finally, this collection took a few years to finish.  Not because it was complicated, but because I procrastinated.  It is entitled Icons (eye-con, icon, i-Con)


What should I start, procrastinate, and avoid finishing now?!



No comments:

Post a Comment