Sunday 15 December 2013

LLTW - December

I have to apologise for not posting about my teen writing group.  It is still going; I've just had a hectic few months and time has escaped me.  But I will find time from now on.

So we met on Monday 9th December, and I had two of my regular girls and a new girl.

I've stopped setting homework as they weren't doing it.  They have a lot of homework from school and college so I don't really want to add extra pressure.

As it's coming up to Christmas, I thought we would try our hands at writing a Christmas song.  I'm not particularly musical myself, but I managed to scribble down some lyrics.  I don't have a tune for them - maybe someone could help me out with that.

Oh, and it's untitled.

Wrap yourself up inside of your coat
And pull your hat down on your head
Or stay inside where it's nice and warm
And snuggle up cosy in your comfortable bed

It's winter, it's cold
Ice drips from your nose
But that's how it goes
When it's nearly Christmas

Stock up your cupboards with mountains of food
And eat it all until your gut explodes
Sitting on the sofa, watching specials on the tells
Hibernating while the gritters blanket the roads

It's winter, it's cold
Ice drips from your nose
But that's how it goes
When it's nearly Christmas

Do your shopping online to escape the queues
And have your gifts delivered to your door
Spend your evenings in your pyjamas
Wrapping presents, sprawled out on the floor

-----

That's as far as I got.  Perhaps I shouldn't give up my day job!

Anyway, our next meeting will be on Monday 13th January 2014, 5-6pm in the library cafe.  If you're interested in coming or you'd like some more information you can e-mail me at rebeccah.giltrow@suffolklibraries.co.uk   

No comments:

Post a Comment