Friday 14 June 2013

Happy Friday

Happy Friday, and Happy Celebrate The Small Things Day!  Here's what has been floating my boat this past week.
  • After being ill last week, I thought I would treat myself to something at the supermarket.  I was browsing the cereal aisle and saw Poptarts.  I used to eat these when I was little, but not so much as an adult.  But as a treat, I picked up a box.  And for some reason a box of 12 was cheaper than a box of 8!  I checked and double checked, but a box of 12 was £2.50, and a box of 8 was £2.64.  Cheap treats are the best!
  • Over this last fortnight, my shifts fall so that I have 7 days off in a row.  Last week I worked Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and this week I'm working Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
  • This week I had my writing group and my teen writing group.  Whenever my creative juices start to dry up, writing groups always give me a bit of inspiration.
  • I had lunch with a friend who I hadn't seen in months.  It was nice to have a catch up and find out what she'd been getting up to.  We've arranged to go to London in a month to an open air book festival in Trafalgar Square which should be exciting.
  • The sun has been shining.  Not all the time and not every day.  But it's lovely to drive home from work with the car window open.
  • And of course work is good, my dog is still lovely and gets super excited when I get home (which always cheers me up), and my parents are still being great by taking care of Lily while I'm at work.
What are you celebrating this week?

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed. In fact, I think I'll get myself some poptarts now!! :D

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling better this week. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Pop Tarts. I try not to buy them too often because when they're in the house, I tend to eat them all in an incredibly short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know what you mean. I don't buy them because they are quite expensive. That was I was so excited about the bargain box I bought!!

      Delete
  4. Glad you are feeling better and yay for sunshine! We haven't had any in a loooong time so I'll celebrate that with you :) Happy blog hop!

    Meredith (@MeredithRaeJ)
    Meredith's Musings
    http://meredithraemusings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) We had sunshine for a bit today, and then it decided to rain :/

      Delete
  5. Those funny pricing people! Who knows what they're thinking, but I'm glad you got to benefit going down memory's lane. Writing groups are great for getting your writing in gear. I missed my last one, but will try and make it to the next. Enjoy your lovely weather this weekend. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am enjoying feeling like a child again while eating my poptarts :D Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  6. I had to giggle - We are headed to the states in a few weeks and I told hubby that one of the things I was shopping for would be poptarts.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Take another suitcase and fill it with poptarts!! :D

      Delete
  7. You've inspired me to join a writing group. Sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay! They are fun, and it's great to be able to talk to other writers and get support through your writing struggles.

      Delete
  8. Yummm poptarts and sunshine ...lots to celebrate this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love poptarts, I don't have them often but they make a nice treat :)
    7 days off sounds lovely, the most I get at the minute is 2, but I only have 5 weeks to wait before I get 2 weeks off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have them often either, but as they were cheap, I couldn't resist! Enjoy your two weeks off :D

      Delete