Happy Friday, and Happy Celebrate The Small Things Day! Here's what has been floating my boat this past week.
- After being ill last week, I thought I would treat myself to something at the supermarket. I was browsing the cereal aisle and saw Poptarts. I used to eat these when I was little, but not so much as an adult. But as a treat, I picked up a box. And for some reason a box of 12 was cheaper than a box of 8! I checked and double checked, but a box of 12 was £2.50, and a box of 8 was £2.64. Cheap treats are the best!
- Over this last fortnight, my shifts fall so that I have 7 days off in a row. Last week I worked Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and this week I'm working Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
- This week I had my writing group and my teen writing group. Whenever my creative juices start to dry up, writing groups always give me a bit of inspiration.
- I had lunch with a friend who I hadn't seen in months. It was nice to have a catch up and find out what she'd been getting up to. We've arranged to go to London in a month to an open air book festival in Trafalgar Square which should be exciting.
- The sun has been shining. Not all the time and not every day. But it's lovely to drive home from work with the car window open.
- And of course work is good, my dog is still lovely and gets super excited when I get home (which always cheers me up), and my parents are still being great by taking care of Lily while I'm at work.
What are you celebrating this week?