Hello Friday. So good to make your acquaintance again. Let's look back over the past week and Celebrate The Small Things.
This week hasn't been particularly great. I've been nursing a cold since Sunday. I know it's not a life threatening illness, but I've not been poorly in a long time, so it came as quite a shock to the system. But it doesn't stop be celebrating a few little things.
- Work. Yes, I know I've said it a hundred times before, but I still can't believe that I have a job that I enjoy. This week has been a bit tough because of the cold, as I nearly lost my voice on Wednesday which isn't particularly helpful when trying to talk to customers. But apart from that, I am still looking forward to going to work, and I do have a good time when I'm there. Plus, my shift pattern is great. This week I worked Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and I don't go back to work until next Thursday.
- My parents. They take care of Lily when I'm at work, and especially this week when I've been too ill to do much apart from hide under the duvet and watch films.
- Lily. I love coming home from work to be greeted by an excited little dog. No matter how crappy I feel from being ill, she always makes everything better.
- The weather. We have been inundated with sunshine over the past week. I've not been able to enjoy it *cough sneeze splutter* but it's lovely to look at the window and see the blue sky and fluffy white clouds.
- The olden days. My parents have been clearing out the loft, and they have found loads of my old books from when I was little, so I've been reminiscing and reading stories that take me back to my childhood. I love that "I'd completely forgotten about that" feeling you get when you pull another book out of the box.
- Blog hop. I really look forward to writing this post for this blog hop, and reading about what other people are celebrating. And I've found another weekly blog hop to get my writerly juices flowing. Express Yourself is the brainchild of Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests. Each month they come up with 4 different writing topics. If you like blogging and making connections with other bloggers, it's worth checking out.