Sunday 4 August 2013

Festive Festivities

Oh my goodness, I'm late again this week.  I do apologise, but it's better late than never to Celebrate The Small Things.

Firstly I would like to apologise to all the lovely bloggers participating in this bloghop.  I have been so busy over the past week with work and work related things that I've not had the chance to visit as many people as I would have wanted to, or replied to all the lovely comments left by you guys.  I will get around to it; I just need to find a few minutes to do so!

So, on to the big news.  This week I am mainly celebrating Lowestoft Library Literary Festival.  I belong to The Friends of Lowestoft Library, and we put on events and help raise money in order to buy things that the library needs.  A few months ago I suggested holding a literary festival, and everyone was extremely supportive.  The festival will take place on Saturday 28th September, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm, in the Meeting Room at Lowestoft Library.

We have 8 local authors who will be reading from their work as well as signing their books.  You can click on the authors' names below to find out more about them and their work.


There will also be free children's activities taking place throughout the day; drama games, story telling, colouring, poetry writing.  Plus, the Bookstart Bear will be making an appearance!

What more could you ask for?!


I am so super excited about this festival, as we have all worked really hard, and it looks to be a great day.

Apart from this, I am celebrating the weather - we still have sun sun sun and it's glorious.  Work is still really good, and we went out for a staff meal the other night which was loads of fun. And things with 'the boy' are still going well after a month, so I'm a happy bunny.

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. I know I keep saying it, but I love reading about this Festival so very much! I will definitely go and check out all of the authors that you have listed! Thanks for sharing this with me so that I can attend vicariously! (I was late with my celebrations post too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the festival will be a lot of fun--congrats on putting it all together! :)

    ReplyDelete