Sunday 28 July 2013

Alice in Kessingland

Sorry for being a day late, but I'm here Celebrating The Small Things that have happened over the last week.

Firstly, my week started off on the wrong foot, pretty much literally.  I was walking along the beach and it was quite a misty, foggy day.  Suddenly I found myself falling.  I'd got my foot caught in a rabbit hole and managed to collapse on the ground and twist my ankle.  I laid on my back for a minute or so and then got up and walked home.  Everything was fine and then my foot/ankle started to ache after dinner.  So we strapped it up and I went to bed.  But I couldn't sleep as the pain was so severe.  I couldn't put my foot flat on the floor or put any weight on it.  So my mum took me to A&E and I sat in the waiting room for a couple of hours, in pain, wanting to go home and cry.  I then got my ankle x-rayed, and waited a little bit longer.  Finally I found out that I'd damaged the tissue around my ankle, so thankfully it wasn't broken.  I was given some crutches and I managed to hobble about, although I spent more time hitting myself in the foot with the crutch than actually walking anywhere!  But it's all better now.  So I'm celebrating being able to walk.  You don't realise how important something is until you don't have it.

I'm also celebrating the wonderful weather we're having.  The sun is out.  I'm in a good mood.  I have a bit of sunburn on my back, but it's not too painful.

I've also had a nice week with 'the boy'.  It's the end of the month so we don't have much money, but we've been on some lovely walks along the beach, through parks, and we got lost in a wood (resulting in us nearly being chased by some angry guard dogs!!), and had picnics.  And we went to see The World's End at the cinema.  It's a Simon Pegg and Nick Frost film, so if you like Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Paul, you will really like The World's End.

http://www.scificool.com/edgar-wright-and-simon-pegg-vs-aliens-and-pitchers-of-beer/the-worlds-end-2013-movie-banner-poster/

What are you celebrating this week?

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your ankle, but it's great it's better already! Congrats on fast healing, nice walks, and fun movies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry your hurt your foot! Having to go to A&E isn't good. Celebrating walking is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sprained ankle is quite uncomfortable. I hope it has healed completely! Take care not to sprain it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Glad you have your mobility back, and that the weather has been nice. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your ankle, glad it is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're off the crutches. Celebrate health care free at the point of delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's rotten! I've been in the emergency room more times than I'd like and it's always HOURS of waiting. Glad to hear you're back on your feet, literally!

    And glad to hear about the fun times with your boy, that's lovely.

    Anways, You are awesome so I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. You can pick it up here: http://bev-thebevelededge.blogspot.com/2013/07/at-long-last-sunshine-award.html
    I hope you'll accept it and spread the love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely celebrations! Not so lovely food injury - ick!

    I'm stopping by to pass on an award to you as well: Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. I chose to pass it on the last 14 people who commented on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good way to acknowledge the small things we get in life. Think I should also try this out...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the ankle gets better. Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete