Friday 12 April 2013

I Gots Me A Job

It's Friiiiidaaaay, and today is the day we look over the past week and Celebrate The Small Things, thanks to VikLit (pop over to her blog to check it out).

This week, I'm afraid I have to break the rules and celebrate a BIG thing.  I've got a job!!!  *does a little dance*

I've been out of work for a while, which hasn't been great.  Unfortunately, at the moment, jobs are scarce here.  It's not really got anything to do with skills, experience, or qualifications.  It's more about being in the right place at the right time.  One of the women who works in the library (she's the wife of my primary school headmaster) sent me an e-mail to let me know that some jobs were coming up in the library.  I put my application in as soon as I could, so that I wouldn't miss out.  

I had the interview on Monday, and I wasn't sure how it went because I was so nervous.  On Wednesday I got a phonecall from the assistant manager of the library who told me that they wanted to offer me a position.  It's 18.5 hours per week (which will be two and a half days), so that gives me time to carry on writing and to continue with all of my volunteering bits and pieces that I do.

I have to go through some checks to make sure I'm not a criminal, but that's par for the course nowadays.  So in a few weeks you will find me, in my element, working at the library.


18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like a lovely job. When I was at school I wanted to work in a library, but somehow got distracted and ended up at secretarial college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think libraries are great places. I've volunteered at the library, doing various bits and pieces over the past few years, but now they're going to pay me!!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Well done for jobs :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! And what a perfect place for you to be. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so excited. I get to go down into the county reserve in the basement. I've always wanted to go there!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Congratulations on your new job. That's great news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working with books? How cool is that?!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know!! It suits me right down to the ground :D

      Delete
  6. That is fantastic, congratulations! Happy celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's flipping fantastic! Congratulations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG CONGRATS! This is great news. GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sorry for not celebrating a small thing this week, but I can't think of much else apart from finally getting a job!!

      Delete
  9. Congrats congrats big time congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats congrats big time congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete