Friday 19 April 2013

Liebster Awards - number 2 and 3

Wow.  Well, a while back I was given a Liebster Award from Jak Cryton.  I was so pleased, as I'd seen these awards everywhere but didn't know how to get one.  It made me feel like I was part of something.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been posting daily for the A-Z blogging challenge, and have come across some brilliant blogs.  I've also had some lovely people visiting my blog.  On my L post I received a message from Kristen Dyrr, letting me know that she had nominated me for the award, and a few days later on my O post I received a message from Brandy, letting me know that she had nominated me for the award. So thank you very much to the both of you.

And now for the rules ...
  • Post the award to your blog.  As I was nominated by two different people, I will post the images from each blog.
http://kristenhead.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/i-just-got-nominated-for-liebster-award.html
http://brandysbustlings.blogspot.ca/2013/04/i-got-liebster-blog-award.html
  • Thank the person (or people) who nominated you, and post links to their blogs.  So thank you very much Kristen and Brandy - click on their names to go to their blogs.
  • Post 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.  As I have been nominated by two people, I will answer five questions from one person and six from the other.  I don't know if this is against the rules, but I like to try and be fair.
  • Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 100 followers to be nominated for the award.
  • Set 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
So, here goes.

11 Random Facts
  1. Whenever I watch anything, I have to look the film/television programme up on IMDB to see who's in it and what they've been in before.
  2. I play a game of sudoku on my phone before I go to sleep.
  3. When I was little, I had a goldfish called Talula.  It was named after Jodi Foster's character in Bugsy Malone.
  4. I can write backwards.
  5. I don't like themeparks.  I'm a big fat scaredy cat when it comes to fairground rides.
  6. I think I look more like my dad, even though everyone thinks I look more like my mum.
  7. I collect Converse Chuck Taylors.
  8. I've only been on nine planes.  Amsterdam to London.  London to Dublin.  Dublin to London.  London to Hong Kong.  Hong Kong to Osaka.  Osaka to Hong Kong.  Hong Kong to London.  London to Enfidha.  Enfidha to London.
  9. I love gherkins and can eat them straight from the jar.
  10. My favourite word is 'juxtaposition'.
  11. If I could only watch one film for the rest of my life, it would be Labyrinth with David Bowie wearing *those* trousers!

11 Questions from Kristen and Brandy

1. Coffee or tea? (Brandy)
I'm not a fan of hot drinks as I always manage to burn my tongue, but if I had to choose I'd go for tea.  I'm English.  It's what we do!
2. What is your favourite vegetable? (Kristen)
Hmm, probably broccoli or carrots, but only as long as they have been cooked for a few minutes and they're still crunchy.
3. Cake or pie? (Brandy)
Cake, always cake.  Especially with a nice cup of tea.
4. Who is your favourite artist, and why? (Kristen)
Salvador Dali.  My dad is a surrealist painter, and I remember looking through his art books when I was a child.  Dali sprung from the pages as his paintings were so strange and exciting.
5. Chocolate or vanilla? (Brandy)
I know I might sound boring, but I'd go for vanilla.  I do like chocolate ice-cream but too much can make me feel sick.  With vanilla, you can add toppings to give a bit of flavour without feeling sick!
6. What is your favourite magazine? (Kristen)
I don't read magazines anymore.  I used to buy NME every week, but the price went up and it became too expensive.  Plus, the articles went downhill, so it really wasn't worth the money.
7. Rom Com or horror? (Brandy)
I'm a horror fan, even though I get really scared.  Most horror films are watched during the day in my house so that I don't have nightmares.  I think I get upset when I watch rom coms, as I want my life to be the same as the film!
8. What is your least favourite food? (Kristen)
Celery.  Bleurgh.  
9. Blackberry or i-phone? (Brandy)
I have a Blackberry, and I like the QWERTY keyboard.  I think if I had a touchscreen phone, my far fingers and thumbs would end up pressing too many keys!
10. What is your least favourite subject to discuss? (Kristen)
Religion, especially Christianity.  It's not that I don't want to talk about my faith and beliefs.  It's because I find that people who ask me questions about God don't really want to hear the answers.  They just want to try and prove me wrong.  I'm all for talking about religion (all religions) as long as people are respectful of each other's beliefs and are genuinely interested in hearing the answers rather than wanting to start an argument.
11. Poetry or prose? (Brandy)
I used to write poetry all the time, as prose scared me.  I've now flipped to the other side and write prose all the time.  I still like poetry, but I prefer listening to it being read than reading it myself.

11 Nominated Bloggers

  1. Poetry of the Netherworld 
  2. Bankerchick's Scratchings
  3. The Oubliette
  4. A Full Cup of Tea
  5. Mary-andering Creatively
  6. The Heart of a Ready Writer
  7. Nickers and Ink
  8. Tui Snider's Texas
  9. Sonnia J. Kemmer
  10. The Tex Files
  11. Foot Prints On The Moon

11 Questions for Nominees
  1. How many brothers and/or sisters do you have?
  2. Have you ever written a book?
  3. What's your favourite song to sing in the shower?
  4. Are you allergic to anything?
  5. What are you scared of?
  6. Do you have a middle name?
  7. Who is your celebrity crush?
  8. Ketchup or mustard?
  9. What was your favourite childhood toy?
  10. What was your favourite subject at school?
  11. How many houses/apartments/flats have you lived in?

Thank you for taking time to read about me, and if I've nominated you, please nominate further so that we can share the love around the big, scary place that is the internet!

6 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the Poetry in the Netherworld blog to thank you! I (or one of my erstwhile team) will get to the particulars over the weekend, but I wanted to right away thank you very kindly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award! It looks like a lot of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your double award! I too prefer my Blackberry, I'm not great with touch screens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again and again! It's hard to think of a more deserving recipient- especially with all your posts for the A to Z challenge this month. I've been learning so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I'm glad you took the time with all of this busy blogging going on this month to answer and pay forward the nominations! I have heard of few people already that have received the Leibster nomination more than once. Not a bad thing to be going around I say!

    As for being boring...I don't think you're boring at all for choosing vanilla. I am a chocolate lover myself, but sometimes vanilla is the way to go!

    Happy blogging!
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you accepted it again, and I love your facts and answers. You have one of my favorite blogs on the web. Your A to Z has been so entertaining! I'm just trying to catch up with comments now. :)

    ReplyDelete