Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sushi


This week's prompt for Jackie and Dani's Express Yourself bloghop is ...

What could you eat every day & not grow tired of?

I used to think that I could eat McDonald's every day and never get tired of it.  That was until I had a job at McDonald's and I was eating it every day.  We got a food allowance there, for food to eat on our break.  We didn't have to eat it, but it was free so who am I to pass up on free food?  But there are only so many times you can make your way through that menu before you get bored.  It wasn't long before I started taking my own lunch, and passing on the Big Macs.

Now I have a new food love.  And I honestly think I could eat it every day because there is such a great variety.  I can't remember when I first had sushi, but I know it wasn't the real deal.  It was a tray of supermarket sushi.  But it was nice.  And from that moment on I knew I had to eat the proper stuff.

My favourite restaurant is called Yo! Sushi.  If it wasn't so expensive, and so far away, I would certainly eat all of my meals there.  The food goes around a conveyor belt, and you just help yourself to whatever catches your eye.  Most of it catches my eye!

A couple of years ago I went to Japan on holiday.  Being able to eat the real deal was awesome.  I tried things that I never thought I'd try.  And it was all delicious.  The raw fish thing has never bothered me.  I just have issues if food has eyes.









6 comments:

  1. I have sushi every Tuesday with my mother. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, it looks so wonderful! I had my first sushi in college. I got eel, and I loved it! I can only do tuna raw, but my first experience with sashimi wasn't very pleasant. I took it home and cooked it all. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all wonderful. Well, apart from the octopus. The taste was lovely, but the texture was a bit odd. You do know you're not supposed to cook sashimi, right?! ;)

      Delete
  3. I've never tried sushi, I don't know if I'd be able to handle the raw fish! I guess you never know until you try, though.
    I'm still at the 'I could eat mcdonalds every day' stage - I'd better not get a job there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, don't get a job at McDonalds; you'll end up hating it! Thankfully I haven't worked there for over 10 years, so I can now enjoy it again!

      Delete