Friday 5 July 2013

It's Summer - finally!

What a lovely Friday to sit back and Celebrate The Small Things that happened over the last week.

This week I'm celebrating the summer.  Yesterday was such a beautiful, sunny day, and today has followed in yesterday's footsteps.  I've got my legs out, and am wearing a pair of shorts for the first time this year.  Yes, I look like Casper, but I don't care!  I'm going to enjoy this sun as I don't know when it'll be back!

Lily and I have just come back from a lovely walk down the beach.  There were a few people out today, but we found a quiet spot down by the sea, where we sat and watched the birds playing on the water, and Lily had fun chasing stones and burying her face in the sand.  I wish I'd taken  my camera.

I'm also celebrating a loss of weight.  I won't say how much I weigh or how much I lost, but I'm pleased with it.  And I can still touch my toes!!  So yay for the gym and for healthy eating!

My job is still great.  I feel like I've really learnt a lot there, and I'm settling in quite nicely.  I can't believe I've been there for two months.  Only four more months to go before I complete my probation and I find out whether or not it's a permanent job.

What are you celebrating this week?


18 comments:

  1. Celebrating the appearance of summer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took his time to get here, but we need to enjoy it before it goes away again!!

      Delete
  2. Yay for summer! Don't worry, my mum and sister keep teasing me about my milk white legs! Congratulations on your weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think, a few hundred years ago women would paint lead onto their skin so they could be white, and I'm naturally pale :D

      Delete
  3. We all start off looking like Casper, and though my arms are nicely tanned, my legs are still ghostly white. Enjoy that sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Perhaps we should start a white-leg fashion!

      Delete
  4. Great things to celebrate and to look forward to. Here's to getting that job.

    As to Casper-white legs. We have a matching set. Except I cheated and bought some of that awful spray tan stuff. Now I can boast/celebrate a pair of coppery calves. It's probably terrible for your body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a spray tan once. It looked really good until it went all streaky and washed off :/

      Delete
  5. Hey, there is nothing wrong with Casper! I live in South Florida and I have Casper legs LOL. I'm proud of them thanks to all the sunscreen. Enjoy the sun. And congrats on the weight loss. I never look at the number anymore, as long as I'm happy with the way I look I don't care what the scale says :) Check out all the writing contests coming up this summer. I've got them listed on my blog.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh writing contests, I'll have a look at those. I haven't submitted to a contest for a while.

      Delete
  6. I love the ocean. Walking on the beach is so much fun. Congratulations on the weight loss. Keep it up (or down rather)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thank you. Now that the sun is out, I am really enjoying walking along the beach.

      Delete
  7. What wonderful celebrations. Glad you're finally able to enjoy some sun and try and get rid of those Casper legs. Lol. Weight loss is a great celebration - glad you're succeeding at a rate that pleases you - the most important thing. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are inspiring me to gym and eat healthy!

    Hurrah to the job going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, it's summer - the time for salads, so eat well :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your weight loss! Glad to hear your job is going well :)

    ReplyDelete