Friday 19 July 2013

Literary Festivals Galore

Wow, what a busy week it's been.  But now I can sit back and Celebrate The Small Things.

Firstly I am celebrating the sun.  Oh my goodness, we have some summer!!  The sun really does put me in a good mood.  And of course my job is still brilliant.  I still can't believe that I love my job!

On Saturday I went down to London with an author friend, to a children's literary festival in Trafalgar Square called 'Get Reading'.  It was set up to raise awareness that 1 in 4 school leavers still don't know how to read properly.  That's quite a shocking statistic.  It was such a hot day, I think I drank twice my body weight in water, but it was worth it.  The festival wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, but I think that made it better as there was room to stand without getting crushed.  We weren't there for the whole festival, so we didn't see all the authors, but we did manage to see Anthony Horowitz, Dick and Dom (bogies!), Horrible Histories, Warwick Davis, Samuel West, and Hugh Grant.  








On Sunday I went out on my first date in a helluva long time.  And then on Wednesday I went out on my second date in a helluva long time!  We went to see Monsters University.  It was very funny, and young Mike Wazowski is so cute with his little braces!

http://www.skwigly.co.uk/monsters-university-review/

On Thursday I had my committee meeting for the Lowestoft Library Literary Festival.  We just have to make a few amendments to the poster and programme and then we'll be ready to start properly advertising and selling tickets.  I'm getting so excited!!

What are you celebrating this week?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy and fun week for you. I'm enjoying the sun here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it hasn't been as long as I've not been on a date! I would get jealous, only I'm not. Wishing you more great dates. Sounds like you had a great week all-in-all. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun week! The literary festival looks like it was a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One in four school leavers still don't know how to read properly in the UK? And I thought our literacy levels were bad...
    Those Literary Festivals do sound exciting!
    I'm popping in via the blog hop. *waves*
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed the literary festival, but the statistic is very sad. You had some nice things to celebrate this week. Good job.

    ReplyDelete