Friday 12 July 2013

Some Shine Sun Shine

It's the end of the week and it's time to Celebrate The Small Things.

This week I have to celebrate the sun above everything else.  It has been beautiful - not that rain and snow and wind and hail and mist and fog aren't beautiful.  In fact I really like all weather types, but I like them all at the appropriate time of year.  And the weather that we should have at this time of year is sunniness, and that's just what we've been having.  Lily and I have spent some lovely hours down the beach, playing with stones and staring out to sea.  And because it's not summer holidays yet, the beach has been very quiet.

This week I had my teen writing group and my 'adult' writing group (when I say 'adult', I'm just making a distinction between that and my teens - we write everything, not just 'adult' themed pieces!!).  They both went really well; I always feel inspired after writing group, and I think it's so important for writers to meet up with other writers, as writing can be a lonely pursuit.  We're putting together a display of our best work to go up in the library, to run alongside the Literary Festival.

I'm also celebrating that I'm going to London tomorrow to an open air children's book festival in Trafalgar Square.  I've never been to anything like that before so it should be interesting.  I'll let you know how it went next Friday.

What are you celebrating this week?

7 comments:

  1. Oh, the book festival in Trafalgar Square sounds amazing--have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather's been lovely here, too. It's a shame I've been cooped up at work so much! I've still been able to enjoy it, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to hearing about the book festival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine, I have to say, is the best of all those weather types! It's great that you get to enjoy quietness at the beach. May the rest of your summer be enjoyable and sunny. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, the sun this week was glorious here. It's perfect weather, I love it!! I wish all summer was perfect like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best for the festival :) sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great you have a committed, active writing group. The book festival sounds like fun!

    Ana

    ReplyDelete