Friday 3 May 2013

Chewsday

It's Friday, again, and whenever it's Friday we Celebrate The Small Things, thanks to VikLit.

Firstly, I'd like to celebrate the weather.  Even though it is still a bit chilly, the sun is shining which is always a good thing.  I don't know what it is about the sun, but it always puts me in a good mood, and it makes everything look so bright and vibrant.  Plus, it means that summer is on the way, and I love summer!

So, on to the events of the past 7 days.  A few good things have happened this week.

I have my official start date for work, which is exciting.  I will be starting next Tuesday.  Tuesday.  Tuuuuesdaaay.  Chewsday, innit.


I'm quite an impatient person, and I definitely don't like waiting around for things, especially to start work, especially when my new job is in a library, and as we all know, a library is pretty much the best place in the world.  Free books!!!  But at least I know when I'll be starting so I have that to look forward to.

My book group met earlier this week - well, it's not *my* book group; it's the book group I attend.  Anyway, I do love going to book group.  We have a month to read a book and then we meet up to discuss it.  Generally we spend half an hour talking about the book and an hour and a half putting the world to rights. I don't mind, I just enjoy talking.  This past month we read The Crimson Rooms by Katharine McMahon.  Normally we all dislike a book, or we have a split with some liking it and some disliking it.  But this month we all liked it.  At the next meeting we will be discussing Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.  I know it's a classic, but I haven't read it, so I'm curious as to what all the fuss is about!


At the March meeting of the book group, a woman told me that she'd bought a copy of my book, 12 Days of Krista May Rose (sorry for the shameless self-promotion there!).  She asked if she brought it along to our next meeting, would I sign it for her.  I said that I would.  So when we met she handed me three books.  I was surprised.  She'd brought along her book, and two others that she'd bought as gifts for her friends.  It's a great feeling knowing that one person had bought my book, but I couldn't believe that she liked it enough to buy two more copies and give them to her friends.  It certainly put a smile on my face.


I received my first Postcrossing postcard this week.  I knew I'd be excited to get one, but I didn't realise just how exciting it would be.  I think we've become so taken over by e-mail and getting messages instantly that we've forgotten what it's like to anticipate getting mail.  I now want to get more and more!


Aaaand, finally, I'm in the local paper, The Lowestoft Journal.  A photographer came and took our picture at the library's World Book Night event last week.  Di (the woman in the centre of the picture) wrote a report of the night and sent it to the paper.  Someone decided to "edit" it by adding a bunch of mistakes, and then someone decided to publish it without proofreading it.  So that's a bit frustrating.  Apart from that, it's quite exciting to be in the paper!!



What are you celebrating this week?

8 comments:

  1. I love that Miranda clip, its one of my favourites! I'm celebrating the sunshine (hopfully!) and the Bank Holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such a funny lady. Ever since I found out I'd be starting work on Tuesday, I keep saying it like she does. It always gives me a giggle :D

      Delete
  2. I almost missed this post o_0

    Yes, SUN, it actually does exist. Windy as you said but, hey its here. Glad *your* book club liked The Crimson Rooms, I haven't ready it yet but it seems interesting.

    No shame! Promote, promote, promote ;)
    It certainly does deserve a smile that she brought three copies for you to sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun has been lovely this week. Still a bit chilly down at the beach, but I can put up with that!

      Thank you for stopping by :D

      Delete
  3. Sun is a wonderful thing. It's great you have a book club that keeps you on your toes by surprising you with your own book! It would be great if it gets chosen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book group certainly does keep me on my toes. And we have another sunny day today which is great!

      Delete
  4. How exciting to be in the local paper! And what a lovely book group ;)

    YAY to sunny weather! Thank you for joining in celebrations, sorry it took me until today to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologise :)

      But thank you, it is quite exciting. And the sun has been great so far. Let's hope it lasts all weekend!

      Delete