Friday 10 May 2013

I'm A Survivor

Here we are, in the middle of another Friday, where we Celebrate The Small Things, thanks to VikLit.  If you want too join in, go and have a looksee at her blog to sign up.

This week has been a pretty big week for me, as it was my first week at work in a veeeeeeery long time!  I started my job at the library on Tuesday, and I've managed to get through my first week without any hiccups.  And I'm really enjoying it.  I got to go down into the County Reserve library in the basement of the building, where all the old/obscure books are kept.  I love me a good second hand bookshop, full of dusty books, and the County Reserve is just like that.  Shelf after shelf, full of delicious smelling books (yes, I'm odd, I smell books).  I'm obviously still learning, and there is a lot to learn, but I'm in my element being surrounded by books.  Looksee at my name badge *grins*



Plus, the weather has been lovely.  We still have a bit of a breeze, but the sun is out.  And that makes everything look so much better.  I love taking my dog, Lily, for a walk in all weathers, but it is more enjoyable to be out in the sun, taking a leisurely walk, rather than hurrying through the rain.


And I bought myself a new pair of pyjamas!  I love clothes with butterflies on and as soon as I saw these I knew I had to have them!  Plus, now that I'm working I can appreciate pyjama days a lot more!!


What are you celebrating this week?

10 comments:

  1. Yay for the new job and the smell of old books! Those PJ's look so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was great, I got to spend some time down in the basement yesterday and I could have stayed there. The smell was amazing!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on going back to work! It sounds like a fun sort of job. I love the pjs! Simply Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The job is fun. There's lots to learn but I'm enjoying it :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like an adventure in books waiting to happen! And yes, sunshine makes everything better. :)

    When I first saw those jammies and heard your love for clothes with butterflies, the first thing I thought of was "What Not to Wear." Hopefully you don't go way overboard with the butterfly clothing that your family will have to refer you to that show. :) Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Don't worry. I'm not one of those crazy people who wears everything 'butterfly', like a weirdo!! Nor do I dress up as a butterfly.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on a good first week. And smell those books for me *sigh*

    Lily looks adorable, yay for the good weather. Also, cute jammies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I spent quite a lot of time yesterday smelling those musty books. Made me feel like a proper librarian!!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the new job. Working with books? Ahhhh... heaven... what more could you ask for.
    I also smell books! Isn't it a strange yet delightful smell? So that makes me odd too... he!he!
    Those butterfly pj's are very cute!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We can be a bit odd together, sniffing books!! :D

      Delete