It's Friday and it's a great time to look over the past week and Celebrate The Small Things.
This week has gone pretty quickly, but there are still a lot of things to celebrate.
- I'm still enjoying my job. I know I keep harping on about it, but it has been such a long time since I've actually liked going to work! I'm still tired, but that doesn't bother me. And today is my first payday in a very long time, so that's certainly something to shout about!!
- Being at work means that I don't get to spend as much time with my dog as I would like, but she is so pleased to see me when I get home, I can't help but look forward to opening my front door at the end of the day and be greeted by an excited ball of energy.
- My parents are so great for looking after my dog while I'm at work. They've been taking her on long walks around the fields and along the beach (which she loves), so I have to continually thank them for being there and helping me out.
- Our book group met on Tuesday evening. I really like going to that group as we've read books that I wouldn't normally pick up, and I've enjoyed quite a lot of them. Of course there have been some books that I've wished I hadn't read, but you can't please everyone. This past month we read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I have to say that I didn't read it all. In fact, I only read 144 pages. I just couldn't get into it. Nothing gripped me, and I ended up just reading the words and not taking in any of the story. At our next meeting we will be discussing The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer. I read this book a few years ago and enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to reading it again.
- Working in the library is also a great opportunity to have first peek at the 'removed from stock' books for sale. I managed to pick up 6 books for a mere 90p this week, and some of the books look like they haven't even been opened.
- The weather today is absolutely beautiful. It seemed like we weren't going to have any sunshine, but it's out in full force today. It's still a bit breezy down at the beach, but the sun is out so that can only be a good thing.
What are you celebrating this week?