Friday 17 May 2013

Me, my teeth, and Lily

Here we go again, here's another post for the Blog Every Day In May blog-hop.

Day 17, Friday: A favorite photo of yourself and why

I've only recently started to like photos of myself.  This is because up until a couple of years ago I had really bad teeth.  As a teenager I didn't need braces, but as soon as my wisdom teeth came through, the rest of my teeth took on a life of their own, and fell all over the place.  I would smile, but if I felt like someone was looking I'd cover my mouth or stop smiling.  And I didn't like my picture being taken.

About 4 years ago I decided to get braces.  I was terrified as I hate dentists.  I had to have 4 teeth taken out, and then wear a fixed brace for 18 months.  But I did it (with Mum there to hold my hand through the scary bits).  It was painful and uncomfortable, and food would get caught, and I would spit when I spoke, and I would dribble when I slept.  And then 18 months was up and I got my braces off.  

I couldn't believe it.  My teeth were perfect *ching*.  I couldn't stop smiling, and I would also let people take my photo!

So this is my favourite picture of me.


I love it because my teeth are lovely and straight, plus my dog is sitting still long enough for a photo to be taken!  Whenever the camera comes out, she runs away.  But this time we managed to get a decent picture of us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment