Tuesday 4 December 2012

Writer - Rachel Hore

I'd like to welcome you to my interview with writer, Rachel Hore.  Enjoy.

Rachel Hore

Hello Rachel.  Can you please introduce yourself?
I'm Rachel Hore, a writer based in Norwich, UK.
How long have you been writing?
I have always written from time to time, but started writing seriously soon after I moved to Norfolk in 2001.
What first got you interested in writing?
From early childhood, reading.  Later, a career as a commissioning editor for fiction.
Do you attend a writing group?
No, I don’t. It’s not the way I came to writing and I think I’d find it hard now to share work in progress.
What genre(s) do you write?
I’m drawn to historical subjects as I have been all my life.  I studied history at university, too.  History is the story of how we are. 
Are there any genres that you don't enjoy writing?
Other genres just don’t interest me as a writer, though they do as a reader.
What types of things do you write?
Novels and the occasional short story. 
Have you ever had anything published?
Yes, I’ve had five novels published (by Simon & Schuster) and have just posted the sixth off to my publisher. 
Would you consider self-publishing/e-publishing?  Are you interested in eBooks, or do you prefer the old fashioned, paper made books?
I shall always remain lover of the printed page, but I do also read ebooks (on a Kindle) and am very glad that my books are available in electronic format.  It’s most important that they are read, not in what format they’re read.
What is the most valuable piece of advice you've been given with regards to writing?
There will be unproductive days and fruitful days, but the important thing is to show up at your desk and write. 
Apart from writing, what are your other hobbies/interests?
I bring up my family, teach publishing skills and creative writing, and have general cultural interests.
Do you have a website/blog/Twitter/Facebook dedicated to your writing?
I do have a website, a twitter account and a facebook page, which people are most welcome to visit.  I have the intention of writing a blog regularly! 
Rachel Hore on Facebook
www.twitter.com/Rachelhore @Rachelhore 
www.rachelhore.co.uk
Thank you, Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment