Thursday 3 April 2014

C is for ... The Chalets

Today is 3rd April, so here is my third post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.


The Chalets

source
The Chalets played a gig at my university in 2005 or 2006.  Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) my university was situated between London, Cambridge, and Norwich, and those are the cities where all the big bands played.  This meant that a lot of smaller, almost unknown bands played.  It would have been nice if I could have seen some famous bands there, but at least I was introduced to some new music, including The Chalets.  They're a bit bubblegum pop, but there's nothing wrong with that!




*****

Honourable Mentions go to -

The Cure - I was a fan of these guys when I was really young, but somehow forgot about them.  About 5 or so years ago Father Christmas bought me their 'Best Of' CD and I fell in love with them all over again.  Wrap your ears around Lovesong.

Coldplay - I think everyone on the planet has heard of this band.  I don't listen to them that often, mainly because I used to listen to them with my first proper boyfriend, and although the memories are good, I don't always like to be reminded of certain times in my life.  But don't let that stop you enjoying them.  Wrap your ears around Spies.

Chris Murray - I first heard Chris at a Sonic Boom Six gig, as he was supporting them, and he is a very good singer/songwriter.  Wrap your ears around We Do The Ska.

*****

What C bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - C is for Constrainte du Prisonnier

11 comments:

  1. Never heard of these guys--I'll have to give them a try. Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) Through this challenge I'm hoping to introduce people to music they may not have heard before :)

      Delete
  2. I like them! They sound very 60s pop ala Monkeys. :-) I am a huge fan of Chris Cornell, whether he' solo, or with Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, or Audioslave. It's his voice and his pitch range. Incredible. The Calling is another good one. Interesting idea for A to Z. And it made me think :-) Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like Soundgarden, but I've not listened to solo Chris Cornell. I will have a look for some of his stuff. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, you're right. I'd never thought of that before. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. The cure, another group I forgot to add to my playlist. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete