Monday 14 April 2014

L is for ... Longview

Today is 14th April, so here is my twelfth post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

Longview

source

Longview came into my life through either an ex-boyfriend or as a support band.  I really am going to have to pay more attention to my music so I know where it comes from.  Anyway, I like them.  They're a bit rocky, a bit romantic, a bit indie, and a bit dreamy.



*****

Honourable Mentions go to -

Leonard Cohen - My dad listened to him a lot when I was growing up so I was bound to pick up some of his musical tastes.  There's something really hypnotising about Leonard's grainy voice.  Wrap your ears around Dance Me To The End Of Love.

Levellers - I saw these at V Festival in 1999 and they had so much energy and made so much noise.  Wrap your ears around What A Beautiful Day.

Lykke Li - I saw one of her videos on MTV but didn't see her name or the name of the song pop up on the screen.  I spent ages trying to remember lyrics and hunting through Google to find her again.  And I did!  Wrap your ears around Little Bit.

*****

What L bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - L is for Lipogram

No comments:

Post a Comment