Wednesday 23 April 2014

T is for ... TV on the Radio

Today is 23rd April, so here is my twentieth post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

TV on the Radio

source
TV on the Radio were another Indie Soc find.  I used to think that I liked music, until I went to university and found that there was so much more out there than I was aware.  They're kind of electro-rocky, with a good background beat.  A good band to just get lost in.



*****

Honourable Mentions go to - 

Transplants - Ex-boyfriend again!  They're punky and rocky, and a bit sweary.  Wrap your ears around Diamonds and Guns.

Tom Waits - My dad really likes this man, but when I first heard him I found his voice too raw to enjoy properly.  I was used to shiny, well-produced fluff.  But now I can really appreciate his voice and his talents.  And do you know he was in Shrek 2?!  Wrap your ears around Hoist That Rag.

Tenacious D - I'm sure most people have heard of these guys.  I think they are amazing.  Jack has an outstanding voice, and they don't take themselves seriously at all.  Wrap your ears around Tribute.

*****

What T bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - T is for Tautogram

1 comment:

  1. I adore Tom Waits. Well, most of his stuff anyway LOL

    I listened to some TV on the Radio and I don't think it's my thing, but my husband might like it so I'll definitely point him to that video :)

    ReplyDelete