Friday 18 April 2014

P is for ... The Pipettes

Today is 18th April, so here is my sixteenth post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.

The Pipettes

source
The Pipettes climbed into my ears when I was at university as part of the Indie Soc DJ playlist.  They're fun, they're quirky, they're a bit retro with a modern twist.  You'll end up bobbing along, even if you don't want to!  The group still exists, but sadly without any of the original members.


*****

Honourable Mentions go to -

Placebo - This band got me through some tough times when I was growing up and going through puberty.  We all need something to cling to during our uncomfortable teenage years and whenever I listened to these guys, the world didn't seem so bad.  Wrap your ears around Every You Every Me.

Pete Murray - Lovely grainy voice.  Soulful, deep.  You can cry if you want.  Wrap your ears around So Beautiful.

The Perishers - If you've ever been in love, you will connect with this band.  They're soft and romantic and great to cry to when you're feeling a bit lonely, longing to be loved.  Wrap your ears around Nothing Like You And I.

*****

What P bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - P is for Pangram

No comments:

Post a Comment