Tuesday 29 April 2014

Y is for ... Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Today is 29th April, so here is my twenty-fifth post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

source
Yeah Yeah Yeahs are part of the New York indie rock craze that took over the music world in the early to mid 2000s.  They're rocky and grainy (I do love a grainy singer).  Karen O screams and screeches and sings, and makes you want to get up and dance.


*****

Honourable Mentions go to -

Young Knives - Another Indie Soc band.  Again, a lovely English accent comes through in the vocals.  Wrap your ears around She's Attracted To.

Yellowcard - This band is from the American 'punk' ilk.  Sometimes they can sound the same as the next band, but I still like them.  Wrap your ears around Empty Apartment.

Yum! Yum! Orange - Japanese ska pop?  Surely not?  But yes, it exists and it sounds like this.  Wrap your ears around Precious Days.

*****

What Y bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - Y is for You Can Do It

3 comments:

  1. Karen O is such a babe and crazy energetic live! why am I only finding this site now?! Going to to make some time to go through every single post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't have a band, but who can forget, "I love you, yeah,yeah, yeah!" Almost to the finish! Great theme for your posts and I like the way you set up your title page of A to Z posts so you can scroll through and visit them all. I have so much to learn. Enjoy! Maria from, http://www.delightdirectedliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly? I don't usually keep track of bands, but rather worry about specific songs. I love your theme, and wish I'd have gotten here sooner in the month, alas, my cloning machine was stolen by a ninja. Sneaky ninjas.

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete