Thursday 17 April 2014

O is for ... OK Go

Today is 17th April, so here is my fifteenth post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

OK Go

source
I can pretty much guarantee that everyone reading this post has come across OK Go at some point in their lives.  You may recognise them for dancing in the back garden, or dancing on treadmills, or performing with The Muppets, or performing with dancing dogs, or for stop motion movement around a park.  I think this band is more famous for their videos than their music, but that shouldn't stop you listening to their music without watching the video. 

*****

Honourable Mentions go to - 

The Others - This is another band that I discovered at university via Indie Soc.  They're very much in the core of indie rock.  Wrap your ears around This Is For The Poor.

Our Lady Peace - Kind of melancholic, kind of emotional, kind of lovely if you're in that frame of mind.  Wrap your ears around Somewhere Out There.

Oasis - You really can't beat a good bit of early 90s BritPop, and how better to be transported back to my teens than with the musical talents of this band.  Wrap your ears around Live Forever.

*****

What O bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - O is for Oscillatory Poem

2 comments:

  1. Odetta Holmes was a big influence on my teenage years. My 10th-grade English teacher had us write poetry to her music! Happy A-Z-ing from Albuquerque :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like OK Go! I first found them through their hit, Here it Goes, but have since listened to more of their stuff and really enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete