Wednesday 16 April 2014

N is for ... The Network

Today is 16th April, so here is my fourteenth post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

The Network

source
I found out about The Network via the Indie Soc forum at university.  Although the band is obviously made up of the members of Green Day, Tre, Billy Joe, Jason, and Mike haven't confirmed the rumours.  They sound nothing like Green Day though.  They're a bit electro rock, but just as good.


*****

Honourable Mentions go to - 

New Town Kings - An ex-boyfriend introduced me to this band.  I'm quite surprised he liked them because he could be fairly grumpy and these guys seem like they like to have fun.  Wrap your ears around Fire In The Hole.

Nik Kershaw - When I was little I was in love with this man.  He is very 80s and a bit cheesy, but he's a part of my childhood and that's why I still like listening to him.  Wrap your ears around The Riddle.

Natty - It's a warm, summer evening.  The sun is low in the sky.  Cold beer.  Barbecue.  This man singing.  Wrap your ears around July.

*****

What N bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - N is for N+7

No comments:

Post a Comment