Saturday 26 April 2014

W is for ... The Whip

Today is 26th April, so here is my twenty-third post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

The Whip

source
The Whip is another support band that I fell in love with.  They're electro dancey, and they have a female drummer (I don't know why I like that, I just do!).  You'll learn the lyrics in a second, but that doesn't matter.  You'll be dancing like a lunatic to even notice what they're singing!




*****

Honourable Mentions -

The White Stripes - Are they brother and sister?  Are they ex-husband and wife?  Who cares?  These two people make so much noise with just drums and a guitar, and they like to wear a lot of red.  Wrap your ears around Fell In Love With A Girl.

The Walkmen - If you like a bit of Razorlight, I think you'll like this band.  Wrap your ears around The Rat.

Walk off the Earth - I'm not always a fan of cover bands because they tend to play the song the same as the original and they don't (in the words of Louis Walsh) make it their own.  The members of WOTE are brilliant musicians and manage to add their own dimension to the songs they cover.  Wrap your ears around their cover of Lorde's Royals.

*****

What W bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - W is for Word Ladder

No comments:

Post a Comment