Tuesday 8 April 2014

G is for ... Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

Today is 8th April, so here is my seventh post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

source
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly is otherwise known as Sam Duckworth.  He started off with an acoustic guitar and a laptop, and produced some amazing sounds.  I was lucky to see him when he played a surprise set at Latitude Festival in 2006 and I was blown away by such a small man on stage creating such a huge presence.  He now has a band with him, which takes away from the magic, but I can't deny that the music is still really good.




*****

Honourable Mentions go to - 

Gorillaz - Who thought that a band made up of holographic characters could make such amazing music?!  Wrap your ears around Clint Eastwood.

Goldie Lookin' Chain - I could never work out if this group was being ironic until I saw them live, and they are absolutely awesome.  They're a rap/hip-hop group from Wales.  It sounds like it shouldn't work, but it does.  I wouldn't advise listening to them if there are young ears around, mind.  Wrap your ears around Guns Don't Kill People, Rappers Do.

Gym Class Heroes - I first heard GCH after realising that there were quite a few bands on Fall Out Boy's Decaydance record label.  They were a little bit different to the other bands who were verging on the edge of emo.  Wrap your ears around The Queen and I.

*****

What G bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - G is for Grammatical Translation

4 comments:

  1. Great "G" post, thanks for sharing. I'm stumped, I can't think of any "G" artists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was worth a listen. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the A to Z challenge. Maria from Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only group I've heard of from above is Gym Class Heros. I'll admit I mostly listen to the radio, so it's whatever songs are playing there.

    The names of some of these bands make me wonder where they came from. Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. or Goldie Lookin Chain. They are so unusual, but the great thing about that is the name'll stick in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly I have never heard of him but I will be sure to check him out now. I love your theme for this month and can't wait to see who you write about for the next letters. As for me, what about George Strait, Gossip, Guns N' Roses? :)

    ReplyDelete