Friday 11 April 2014

J is for ... JJ72

Today is 11th April, so here is my tenth post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

JJ72


source

I've never known a man's voice to reach the high notes in quite the same way as JJ72's Mark Greaney.  When you sing along, you can try to hit them, but it never works out quite the same way!  They're soft and hard at the same time.  



Honourable Mentions go to - 

Just Jinger - These guys are from South Africa, and I was introduced to them by a South African friend at university.  Wrap your ears around Painting Hours.

Junior Senior - Most of the time I like songs with deep and meaningful lyrics, but every now and then I just want to listen to something awesomely shallow which gets me dancing.  Wrap your ears around Move Your Feet.

Jack Peñate - This man is so much more than awesome hair.  He's got a lovely Englishy tone to his voice.  I love it when accents come through when people sing.  Wrap your ears around Second Minute or Hour.

*****

What J bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - J is for J'ai oublié

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure who I like that starts with J but what I do know is I woke up to I Am Leaving On A Jet Plane in my head this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video for Move Your Feet. My sister and I used to be obsessed with it. The song comes on at work every now and then, and I can never resist dancing to it!

    ReplyDelete