Saturday 19 April 2014

Q is for ... Queens of the Stone Age

Today is 19th April, so here is my seventeenth post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

Queens of the Stone Age

source
If I'm completely honest, I'm not a real fan of any bands/artistes beginning with Q.  I haven'y really come across many - perhaps you kind bloggers out there could change that by introducing me to more.  Anyway, I do quite like Queens of the Stone Age, in as much as I won't turn them off if they come on the radio.  I first heard them about 10 years or so ago, with a song on a compilation album.  I couldn't really work out the lyrics, but I would rock out to the drums and guitars as I drove along.

I later found out that the song was about drugs.  I'm not the kind of person who would promote drugs, but I still do like the song (and a few others that they've made).



*****

Honourable Mentions go to -

Queen - Classic 70s and 80s rock.  Big hair.  Loud guitars.  Songs that last 10 minutes.  Wrap your ears around Fat Bottomed Girls.

Queen Latifah - I knew she was a singer, but I hadn't heard her sing until I saw Hairspray.  Wrap your ears around Big, Blond and Beautiful.

*****

What Q bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - Q is for QQSD

1 comment:

  1. Those guys aren't bad. :) I do like Queen as well. The only other band I can think of at the moment beginning with 'Q' is Queensryche. Their lead singer, Geoff Tate, was trained vocally in opera. He's got some pipes! I'm going to have to come back and listen to some of your other suggestions! For the moment, I am dropping by to say hi from the A to Z Challenge! Mel at "Writings, Musings and Other Such Nonsense

    ReplyDelete