Saturday 12 April 2014

K is for ... Killa Kela

Today is 12th April, so here is my eleventh post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.  This year I am sharing my musical tastes with you.  I hope I can introduce you to some new bands/artistes, and if you'd like to comment perhaps you could introduce me to some of your favourite bands/artistes beginning with the appropriate letter of the day.  For more music, please have a look at my last.fm profile.

Killa Kela

source
I love people who can beatbox.  I wish I could do it, but I can only manage 'boots and cats' for a few seconds before I end up dribbling like a lunatic!  There are some amazing beatboxers out there and Killa Kela is one of them.  I saw him a few years ago and the sounds he can produce with just his own voice are incredible.


*****

Honourable Mentions go to -

The Killers - This band got me through most of my university career.  I first heard them on the radio when I was in my second year and I fell in love with them as they were unlike other bands around at that time.  Wrap your ears around Somebody Told Me.

The King Blues - The King Blues supported Sonic Boom Six many, many years ago.  I don't always like politically fuelled music, but I do like where these guys are coming from and the sound they make.  Wrap your ears around I Got Love.

Kid Velkro - These guys were a support band but really stood out.  Unfortunately I don't think they went on to bigger and better things which is a shame. Wrap your ears around Just Like That.

*****

What K bands/artistes do you like listening to?

2013 A-Z Challenge post - K is for Kan't Find A Konstraint Beginning With K

No comments:

Post a Comment